11/24/08

Sunday night painting

Yesterday, we went to Kay and Dan's for the Browns' game, as well as some fabulous tapenades and spaghetti with meatballs. (Quick sidenote...  why is it that I fall asleep every time we sit down to watch football?  Get back to me on that, would you please?)   Afterwards, we took a quick look at the Eastlake house, which looks really, really good.  If anyone's in the market for a new house, this is the house for you and not just cause I'm being paid to say that!

We got home around 7pm, and little worker bee Karen was ready to organize stuff and do homework, while I was ready and excited to sit on the couch and watch TV all night help.  But, it turned out to be one of those nights where work is leisurely and fun, and with a little Billy Joel, we sang and time flew.

I added sunny kiwi (??) to the stairs wall, and got out the new trimmer and went to town.  I would like to point out here that I am MUCH BETTER at the quick and dirty jobs than I am at the detailed ones.  (Ruthanne is nodding with a raised eyebrow.)  I spent over two hours edging the outside of two walls, and about 30 minutes rolling them both.  All of a sudden, it was 11:45pm, and time for bed.  Aside from a few hits to the ceiling that we will never be able to reach will surely be able to touch up, it looks GORGEOUS.




KAPLOWEE!  Painted accent wall.
We did nothing to this room, but I love this picture.  (Hi, Muffin!)

No comments: