12/19/08

Updates galore

I have been remiss.  I haven't updated this site properly in ages.  For the record, we were very busy finishing up construction, and now it is officially complete.  Now that all our non-work clothes are covered in paint and caulk and wood putty, I am free to write up a storm.  I'm not sure what we'll do with ourselves after work or on weekends now, though.  Read, you say?  What is this reading thing you speak of?

So we've finished all the tasks we wanted to, and we now have a shiny new basement with a workout room/extra bedroom and an office and a project area and several new closets.  Important note:  K had absolutely no built-in storage before now.  Any semblance of storage was courtesy of Ikea, and was put together by hand.  Now we have closets and attic-like areas and it's like a new place.  We can finally STORE things.  Crazy what a little domestic upgrade can do to your attitude.

(Pictures have to come next post, since my camera card is at home today...)  But trust me, it looks AMAZING.






And, I have the best news ever (to me).  Grandma's Johnny Clock is hung!   (I think it's completely possible that K secretly hates this with the fire of a thousand suns dislikes this item a little, but I'm kind of a sentimental fool -- shocking to all who know me, I'm sure.)






ps...  I had to Google this, since my memory card is at home.  The hinges at the top are white, and the hands are actually black.  Hey, K...  it could be worse...  it could have GOLD HANDS!

No comments: