1/28/09

Snow days

I'm sure there are people out there who can, with a clear conscience, stay home from work when the weather is bad.  I am not one of these people.  This morning I woke up and turned on the news (which I almost never do) only to find six-hundred seventeen school closings (that is not an exaggeration, btw...) and 'road conditions so bad you should allow at least twice your travel time to get anywhere' so trust me, I thought about it.  I walked outside to find that they hadn't plowed the side street we park on, and I told myself that if I couldn't pull out of my parking spot, then I'd have a legitimate excuse to stay home.  Of course, I  had no problem pulling out of my spot.  The drive to work is typically about fifteen minutes of hassle-free highway driving, but today was over an hour of stops and starts, near-misses and countless gasps as I could feel the road slipping under me.  This guy got here THIS MORNING.  I kid you not. 
We found a pizza place that's still delivering today, so I'm not going anywhere. 

No comments: